Google Apps self-service migration portal easy to use self-service wizard-style portal to facilitate migration of various IT services such as email and contacts to the Google Apps platform.
The wizard style web application migrates your organization's IT services to Google's apps platform easily, securely and reliably. The solution integrates with your current IT infrastructure and uses it to authenticate your users and create accounts for them on Google's servers and then synchronizes their current email boxes, address books and various other services, without your intervention.
Users start their own migration process by logging in to the wizard. The next step tells the users what problems might be preventing their migration, and guides them on how to resolve these problems.
Once it is initiated, users can leave the migration process running in the background on the server and check on it later, and they could be informed when the process is over.
An administrative interface provides detailed information and reports about your organization's migration status.
- Mainly self service model guarantees your users' data privacy, and reduces pressure on your IT staff.
- Quickly move your organisation to Google's apps platform and benefit from all the services it provides.
- Your users don't lose their precious data.
- Open source application and easily customisable.
- Integrates with your current authentication mechanism.
- Migrate your users' emails from various server types to Gmail.
- Synchronise your users' address books to Google contacts.
- Overall progress and verbose logging while migrating.
- Once the user initiates his migration, the process runs in the background independent of the user's presence.
- Various methods of notifying the user when his migration is done.
- Automatic handling of oversized attachments and similar problems.
- Administrative interface to view overall progress of migrations.
- Linux server
- Apache web server with mod-python.
- Google apps edu or premiere account.